Information on Overdrafts/Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, so we cover it.
We over two coverage options:
- Standard overdraft: comes with your account for the associated fee.
- Overdraft protection plan: link to a savings account or line of credit that may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. Learn more about these plans.
- We authorize and pay overdrafts for checks and automatic payments made using your checking account number.
- Per federal regulations, we WILL NOT authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and debit card purchases unless you ask us to by enrolling.
- Enroll by logging into SCU Online Banking, then click on the Additional Services tab and select the "Reg E Opt In Form." Once you complete the form, select Opt In and click the Submit button.
- We WILL NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for transactions made at any ATM machine.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee authorization and payment for any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be denied.
What fees will I be charged if State Credit Union pays my overdraft?
- Up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Up to $5 each time we pay an overdraft caused by a debit card purchase of $5 or less.
- No more than three Courtesy Pay fees per day, per account, for overdrawing your account. We can close your account if you have excessive overdrafts.
What if I want State Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my debit or ATM card purchases?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday debit or ATM card purchase transactions, you must opt in to enroll for this service. Enroll by logging into SCU Online Banking, then click on the Additional Services tab and select the "Reg E Opt In Form." Once you complete the form, select Opt In and click the Submit button.