MembershipYou are our shareholder.
State Credit Union was formed to serve its members, not outside stockholders. As a financial cooperative, all members share in our success. Earnings are applied to better rates, lower fees and a full range of financial services.
You can join State Credit Union if ANY of the following apply to you.
1) You live, work or attend school in Aiken, Anderson, Florence, Greenwood, Oconee, Orangeburg, Pickens or Spartanburg County
2) You are enrolled in SC Retirement Systems or are a city, county or state employee
3) You work for one of our select employee groups
4) You are a student, professor or staff member of any SC Technical college or any state-chartered college or university
5) You are related by blood or marriage to a current credit union member.
To join, simply deposit $5.00 into a savings account to establish your membership share in the credit union. Should you leave the credit union, these funds will be returned to you. There is no membership fee. Members are part-owners of the credit union with equal voting rights.
Complete our membership form and bring it to any SCU office along with your Social Security Card and photo ID to get started or fax the application to 803-454-8044. If you fax the application, you will also need to bring your government-issued photo ID and social security card to a branch location for your protection. This will also help us meet federal identification requirements. If you fax your information, you can expect to hear from us within one business day.
Once you join State Credit Union, you may remain a member for life, even if your eligibility changes. You may also invite any of your family members to join, even if they are not otherwise eligible.